cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Housekeeping : unable to remove EV_Admin DB: file does not exist

Kiss_Tamas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have EV 10.0.3 with Domino 8.5.3.

Archiving is working, i can store, and restore mail from notes client.

On domino console i got on error:

Enterprise Vault Housekeeping: unable to remove EV_Admin DB: file does not exist

I find this:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/lotus-notes-enterprise-vault

but in my client every settings are ok.

It is a problem, or i can ignore it?  What does mistake cause?

Can somebody help me? Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Kiss

You can safely ignore this warning message

EV_Admin.nsf is a temporary database that the EVDG extension manager will create on demand as and when it requires it. Each time that the EVDominoHousekeeping task recycles on the EVDG, it attempts to tidy up and delete this temporary database but if it cannot delete it, it logs the reason / error why for informational purposes. In the scenario you are referring to, the warning is merely flagging that it cannot delete this temporary db because one has not been created since the previous recycle of the task

In summary, the code is somewhat over-zealous in reporting this scenario, but it is not an issue that you need to be concerned with

Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is this new install?

Does the error keep occurring or is it a one time thing?

Kiss_Tamas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Yes, new install.

I can archive and i can restore mail.

The error messages appearing once, when houskeeping task start. 

I checked all setting,

- fqdn is correct in Tech support page (Actions - About Enterprise Vault)

- fqdn is correct in notes.ini:$EV_ArchiveServer

- EV HouseKeeping task is running

- In SQL Server EVDominosServer (in EnterpriseVaultDirectory database) table is populated  with archiving server name

TonySterling

I have asked the extremely knowledgable Paul Honey to comment but I don't think it is a real issue as everything is functioning as it should. 

Kiss_Tamas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Ok. Waiting...thx

Kiss_Tamas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Where you able to ask Paul?

TonySterling

I had sent him a link.  If you require an urgent answer I would recommend contacting support.

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Kiss

You can safely ignore this warning message

EV_Admin.nsf is a temporary database that the EVDG extension manager will create on demand as and when it requires it. Each time that the EVDominoHousekeeping task recycles on the EVDG, it attempts to tidy up and delete this temporary database but if it cannot delete it, it logs the reason / error why for informational purposes. In the scenario you are referring to, the warning is merely flagging that it cannot delete this temporary db because one has not been created since the previous recycle of the task

In summary, the code is somewhat over-zealous in reporting this scenario, but it is not an issue that you need to be concerned with

Regards

Paul

Kiss_Tamas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Paul,

Thx for your answer, i will ignore this message in future time.

Br,

Tamas