cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-In on Windows 2008 Citrix XenApp environment

Martin813
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

I know that this is not "officially supported" by Symantec but was wondering if anyone has had any experience and success deploying the Enterprise Vault 9.0 Outlook Add-In with Outlook 2010 in a Citrix environment running on Windows 2008R2? We are deploying a new Citrix XenApp environment on Windows 2008R2 and will be using Outlook 2010. I tried installing the Enterprise Vault HTTP-Only Add-In (Version 9.0.5134) and when launching Outlook there is an error message stating that the "Add-In is not compatible with the installed version of Microsoft Outlook." This Add-in works fine on a Windows 7 Desktop but is not support with Windows 2008/R2 and just wondered if anyone else has any insight on how to possibly get it to work.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

OlafD
Level 5

We are running Windows Terminal Server 2003 and Outlook 2003. We have installed the 'normal' plugin and this works fine. This information probably doesn't help you?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Martin, are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit version of Outlook 2010 ?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Useless response, the topic starter is using Windows 2008R2, Outlook 2010 and there is no 'normal' plugin for outlook 2010.

OlafD
Level 5

Thanks for letting me know so nicely.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

are you using the EV9 SP2 client? because im pretty sure there was a bug that was resolved where it detected the wrong version of outlook and what not, and even still, i'm pretty sure your configuration is actually supported by symc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Windows 2008 and windows 2008R2 are not (yet?) listed in the compatibility guide as client os.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH38537

dmoy
Level 3

Martin,

I have an identical working, semi-production setup to your proposed implementation. I have the hotfix version of the HTTPS-only EV client installed (v9.0.5186). What issues are you having?