Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault 10 PST import sluggish

syedzeeshan
Level 5
Partner Accredited

HI Expertise ,

i need help we have setup EV10 virtual infrastructure and facing issue in PST IMPORT tried Evmp multi thread method

the problem is PST IMPORT IS DEAD SLOW

the rate is like 5,6 email per min ,which is absolutely againt symantec pst import standard. 2 gb pst is transfered in 1hours

however in my case 2 gb pst is taking more than 4days to complete.

below given our enviroment archectecture and troubleshooting done so far .

The following changes I have made on the Enterprise Vault, Accelerator and SQL servers

1. Disable TCP Chimney Offload feature
  2. Disable TOE and Receive Side Scaling

The purpose for this activity related to TCP Chimney, TCPIP Offload Engine (TOE) or TCP Segmentation Offload (TSO) that causes a transport-level error to be logged resulting in inaccurate hit counts for Accelerator searches.

EV architecture

1. Virtual Infrastructure VMware setup
  2. Ms Clustered environment EV services Failover
  3. EV server  16 G Ram
  4. MSMQ files separate volume presented from SAN
  5. SQL server 16 CPU

Issues in EV

1. PST import sluggish behavior (5 days for 2 GB pst)
  2. After import shortcuts are not replaced

Dtrace didnt help identifying the issues  below given task has been completed successfully still issues stands still

1. Edit registry settings
  2.  SQL maintenance
  3. Reinstalling enterprise vault services 

old EV 7.5  ,EV10 ,SQL,Exchange all are on same Virtual Infrastructure and host aswell

on EV 7.5 pst import is fine according Sym standard 2gb 2hours

however on EV 10 pst import is dead slow 2gb 4-5days with errors

• Virtual Infrastructure VMware setup
  •  

• Ms Clustered environment EV services Failover
  •  

• EV server  16 G Ram
  •  

• MSMQ files separate volume presented from SAN
  •  

SQL server 16 CPU   

1. Virtual Infrastructure VMware setup
    2. Ms Clustered environment EV services Failover
    3. EV server  16 G Ram
    4. MSMQ files separate volume presented from SAN

SQL server 16 CPU

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
    Level 6
    Partner Accredited Certified
    If you import the PST file through the VAC is it just as slow? Have you made sure the anti virus is excluding the PST location, the temp directories and the vault stores? Is there anything else taking up CPU resources? Have you checked the windows activity monitor to make sure nothing is hammering the disks?
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

syedzeeshan
    Level 5
    Partner Accredited

thanks for your input i have stop sep services and tired still no change

i have attached performance monitor and ev pst screen shot kindly review

secondly ,to over the problem of network i have connect this host on the CORE Switch

the most important and surprising part is ..EV 7.5 my current server pst import is running smoothly

both EV server on same Virtual infrastructure and HOST

network configuration are same

sill i am unable to identify the issue

JesusWept3
    Level 6
    Partner Accredited Certified
    Unfortunately the screenshot doesn't reveal much at all, I think the Activity Monitor would be more use here than a perfmon Really though I guess a DTrace of migratorserver would be needed to see where the slowdowns are coming from
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Prone2Typos
    Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It sounds like you may have an issue with the import and as JW2 suggested a DTrace may help the posters help you figure it out. If you are no longer still having this issue can you please update the posting with what it was. This posting is still marked as unresolved .... which means that those who are trying to help are coming in here to see if they can contribute.

If you are still having this issue and have worked with support who determined that it is by the design of the product or you are getting the expected speeds... there are third party partner products which may be better suited in your environement to achieve a better import speed. There are many factors that go into such a decision... but if you want to talk to someone from my orgnaization... let me know and I will get you in touch.

That said... if you are having an issue with the core of EV in relation to storage or something that third party products would also be reliant upon... you have to get EV working up to speed or nothing will show you better speeds.

I hope this helps. If you have more details or an update... please post it. If resolved please flag it as such.

Regards