Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault extensions misbehaves with Exchange 2003 OWA

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I'm facing very strange issue with enterprise vault to exchange 2003.

Whenever users try to connect their mailbox using OWA they keep on getting authentication pop-up for every task they perform. If EVOWA extensions are removed from exchange servers then everything works normal. Have also tried recreating virtual directories in IIS. Not sure what goes wrong. I believe EV uses IWA authentication for users.. EV should not ask more den 2 times (max.) prompt for authenticating and retrieving their archives.idealy it asks firsts time while accessing , there after it should not. but in our era it keeps on annoying.

Any help!!!

Cheers

vaibhav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

abhishekb
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

Hi Everyone,

This issue is related to  Kerberos Authentication and Enterprise Vault use the Microsoft Authentication module.

So Kindly check the same from Microsoft End.

Abhishek

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hmmm I've seen this before and it ended up being that on the EV servers the EV install directory was locked down. Adding Authenticated Users to the directory and the webapp directory resolved it
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

ggeorgi
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Does this issue occurs while trying to connect to OWA from the LAN and from the internet?

yossi_katz
Level 3
Partner

Hello Vaibhav,

did you used the owauser.swf script for configuration of the EV directory

also you can check the FQDN name users are using to connect the OWA

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

It's through LAN and from Internet also.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi JW

Have tried this long back but no resolution came up.

I forgot to highlight that There are three Back End Servers . And amongst these three issue persist only on One of them. However if EV Extnesions are removed everything works perfect.

We tried moving mailboxes from this affected server to another one issue gets resolved... But we ca not move every mail boxes from there to another one. Microsoft also denied to accept the fact that there is authentication issue which does not works properly when there is interception of EV.

Enterprise Vault Ver: 8.3

ExchVer: 2k3 ENT

Cheers

Vaibhav

JesusWept3
Level 6
Any chance of getting a fiddler trace from a client machine to repro the issue? You should see in the logs what file is causing the authentication request This is how we found it was an issue on our EV servers and not the OWA servers but it should help a lot http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/version.asp

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

HI JW

I find this fiddler bit difficult to manage. Can you please highlight procedure for this. And how can i retrieve logs from fiddler for what is the bottle -neck is.

Cheers

Vaibhav

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Vaibhav, it might be an idea to run through the steps you performed when installing and "fixing"... so others can try to spot where you might need to go to next.

Working for cloudficient.com

abhishekb
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

Hi Everyone,

This issue is related to  Kerberos Authentication and Enterprise Vault use the Microsoft Authentication module.

So Kindly check the same from Microsoft End.

Abhishek

JesusWept3
Level 6

you seem confident that thats the issue?

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi JW

Ya that's true . Support found that this is due to Kereberos and IWA which EV uses. But it's quite strange that if affected user is moved to another working mailbox server. It works smoothly.

Not sure how kereberos is causing with same users on both different servers.