cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when using "Move archives" feature

McCu
Level 4
Partner
I'm getting the follwoing error for a a couple ogf mailboes that I'm trying to move between vault store in the same site.
Any ideas?

24/08/2010 11:31:01 Started Processing
24/08/2010 11:31:01 Error occurred while trying to synchronize the destination mailbox. Exception: KVS.EnterpriseVault.MoveArchiveTask.StampExchMbxFolderIDsException: Failed to synchronize the destination mailbox's archive folder IDs. Reason: Failed to synchronize mailbox for move archive - HRESULT [0x8007000e] ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007000E): Failed to synchronize mailbox for move archive - HRESULT [0x8007000e]
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ExchangePolicySync.AgentSyncHelper.SynchronizeMailboxForMoveArchive(String strLegacyMbxDN, String strAdMbxDN, String strMsgStoreDN)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.MoveArchiveTask.ShortcutUpdatePhase.SynchMbxToStampArchiveFolderIds(String legacyMbxDN, Int64 exchServerIdentity)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.MoveArchiveTask.ShortcutUpdatePhase.SynchMbxToStampArchiveFolderIds(String legacyMbxDN, Int64 exchServerIdentity)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.MoveArchiveTask.ShortcutUpdatePhase.SynchronizeMailbox(String computerName). Enterprise Vault will ignore this error.
24/08/2010 11:31:01 Step 3 of 5 - Updating shortcuts.
24/08/2010 11:31:01 Entered a sleep state for 5 minutes. Reason: Shortcuts are being updated.
24/08/2010 11:31:01 Stopped Processing
6 REPLIES 6

Batmanfail
Level 4
The following URL suggests that the 8 digit COM exception 8007000e is "The server ran out of memory."
http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/dist-obj/winclnt/windotnet.html

HRESULT: 0x8007000E (E_OUTOFMEMORY)

Maybe a simple reboot will fix this, but it could be a more serious issue with Symantec debugging their code properly (i.e. there should be a value instead of NULL).  Not an easy one, just reboot and try again, let us know what happens....

Oh, and are you SP3 or 4?

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Batmanfail: Move Archive is supported since SP4, so i guess..... ;)

McCu: Do those mailboxes still exist?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
I've seen this when there are problems with DNS and name resolution to the new server.   Might be worth checking out.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
I have also recently started moving archives since our upgrade to SP4 which has not been without its problems. I was advised of a hofix from Symantec support, which may or may not help you out.

Just thought I would mention it as I don't think anyone else has. You may want to speak to support as to whether this could help you out.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/358246.htm

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
to add to jprknight's note, have a look at http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/350361.htm for a list of all the hotfixes that are available for EV8 SP4 and a list of known issues as well.

McCu
Level 4
Partner

I have all of the latest hotfixes installed on both servers.

After a reboot, one the the archives moved successfully.
But the others are still returning the same error.