cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ev Journal Storage wouldn't go backup mode.

Musa_Timur_Sari
Level 4
Partner Accredited

We try to put a Journal store to backup mode. It freezes. It does not go backup mode. It does not happen for Mailbox store. Any one had idea? Does any one faced with same issue.

We tried Powershell, Admin console. No luck it freezes. We use EV 9.0.3..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

a dtrace of the storage service while you try to put it in backup mode might show something. i recommend doing that and posting it here for review.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

a dtrace of the storage service while you try to put it in backup mode might show something. i recommend doing that and posting it here for review.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So are there any errors in the EV Event log?  What OS is the EV Server?

Can you grab a DTRACE of the StorageManagement?

Prone2Typos

Musa...

Hope all is well and you resolved this issue. I also hope that if you did you will share the resolution and mark this posting as resolved. If not ... can you address the questions posted for you above.

Many thanks.,

Musa_Timur_Sari
Level 4
Partner Accredited

we opened case for that and its a bug on 9.0.3 if backup maintenance etc didn't run for long time and you have huge items in the database. it fails..! fixed in ev 10

Prone2Typos

it really helps.

Did you upgrade to 10? I recently encountered something like this where the backlog kept building and there was a workaround posted . I can dig it up if you need

Musa_Timur_Sari
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Nope it's fixed. Thanks..

superduper
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Typorone, I am experiencing a similar issue... you said you possibly could dig up a workaround?

that would be really helpfull if you can.post it..

Many thanks

Prone2Typos

@bs_j...... I think that the issue I was refering to is suppose to be resolved in SP1. Did you try to apply it and see if your issue recurrs? These issues have several root causes. You may want to start a new thread (that is not flagged as resolved) and put some details about your issue there.

@OP: Thanks for marking it resolved and updating your posting.