cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA Reporting error in target server

bluefish1976
Level 3

Hello, I have installed EV FSA Reporting and I can't configure a target server because I receive the following error:

Failed to change the FSA Reporting configuration for the file server ".

Reason: One of the following errors ocurred:

-Failed to save the FSA Reporting database details for the file server in the Directory Database.

-For a non-Windows file server: Failed to save the proxy server details in the Directory database.

FSA Reporting will be disabled for this file server.

I have test the configuration and I think everything it's ok, the database for the file server it's created, the user has access to the sql databases, the roles are created and I can access to http://server/FSAReporting/FSAReporting.asmx.

Any one know what may be going?.

Thank you very much, regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Can you ping the file servers by name and IP? I have seen issues where the lack of a reverse lookup zone entry for each file server stops the scan and fails to save any config changes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

What version of EV server are you running? What type of file servers are you running? What version of SQL are you running?

bluefish1976
Level 3

Enterprise Vault version 10, one file server it's Windows 2008 R2 standard the other Windwos 2003 SP2 and the sql server version it' windows 2008 R2.

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Can you ping the file servers by name and IP? I have seen issues where the lack of a reverse lookup zone entry for each file server stops the scan and fails to save any config changes.

bluefish1976
Level 3

Yes I can ping the server by name and ip address.

Thank you.

bluefish1976
Level 3

I have been doing some test and as Percy says It can be a dns problem. I think I have a problem with vlans in my network because some times dns doesn't works as expected.

Thanks to all for your replies and help.