cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Unable to perform a journal search

lcastricone
Level 3

Help!  I am new to the Enterprise Vault application and have an emergency.

I have a manager that is need of performing a journal search this morning and is unable to perform the search.  She tried yesterday and wasn't able to.  I tried stopping and restarting the EV services and it still would not work.  My co-worker than decided to perform an index rebuild and let it run overnight.  When the manager came in, this morning, she was still unable to perform the search using a date criteria.  If a search is performed using any date past August 8, 2008, the following error message appears:  "The Vault that you are searching is being updated.  Click the Help icon for more information."

I am thinking that the index is still in the rebuild state.  Is there a way to check the index to verify that the index is rebuilding?

This manager needs to have this information this morning.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

To check if the index is rebuilding do the following

Open the Vault Admin Console

Go to Archives

Right Mouse Click on Archives

Select Index Volumes

At the top if the window that opens click on the Failed, Rebuilding and Offline tick boxes so they are selected

Then select the Find button at the bottom of the screen

if there are any failed , offline or rebuilding indexes in your system this will display them 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

To check if the index is rebuilding do the following

Open the Vault Admin Console

Go to Archives

Right Mouse Click on Archives

Select Index Volumes

At the top if the window that opens click on the Failed, Rebuilding and Offline tick boxes so they are selected

Then select the Find button at the bottom of the screen

if there are any failed , offline or rebuilding indexes in your system this will display them 

lcastricone
Level 3

Thank you!  That worked.Woman Happy

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Is the index rebuilding?

Just want to be sure that the issue is resolved

Also is this the only user having this issue? 

lcastricone
Level 3

Yes, the index is rebuilding.  And, it is happening for numerous individuals.  So, I believe it would be organizational wide.  However, right now only my manager and I are the only ones that access the EV journaling search.

Thank you!