cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone found a way to remove visability to FSA archives in OWA Archive Explorer?

roaryT
Level 4

Hi,

As far as I know this issue has alway been there or as Symantec state its by design in web applications.  I.E if you launch AE from within Outlook you dont see FSA archives but from with OWA you do.

It was a while since I last looked at this (EV7.5) and wondered if anyone had found a way to do it?  Withoughe removing the everyone permission entry to FSA archive :)

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

in the \webapp folder find the Archives.inc file, change teh following

To:   "lArchiveTypes = 1917"

Just a few things though

1. This affects everyones archive explorer regardless of through OWA or through a regular Internet Explorer (it doesn't affect OWA opened in Outlook because by design it doesn't show FSA archives)

2. This isn't supported by symantec

3. If you apply any hotfixes or service packs to EV, the Archives.inc file will be replaced and the changes will need to be made again

But just to stress, its not supported, proper channels are ask your sales person or whoever your contact is within symantec, put an idea in the Ideas part of this forum and ask to submit an enhancement request

However the change above i've seen work without any issues

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

in the \webapp folder find the Archives.inc file, change teh following

To:   "lArchiveTypes = 1917"

Just a few things though

1. This affects everyones archive explorer regardless of through OWA or through a regular Internet Explorer (it doesn't affect OWA opened in Outlook because by design it doesn't show FSA archives)

2. This isn't supported by symantec

3. If you apply any hotfixes or service packs to EV, the Archives.inc file will be replaced and the changes will need to be made again

But just to stress, its not supported, proper channels are ask your sales person or whoever your contact is within symantec, put an idea in the Ideas part of this forum and ask to submit an enhancement request

However the change above i've seen work without any issues

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

roaryT
Level 4

Many Thanks I remember I have seen this before now.  I'll keep it incase it becomes an issue I would say probably best left to the default behaviour especially for those patching reasons no-one can expect to remember to reapply it every time!!

Will condsider raising an enhancement but I belive this has been requested a few times before.

Thanks again.