cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Export Enterprise Vault 7 Journalled Emails

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have a new client using EV 7 and they want to export their journalled email from the last year to DVD's for auditors. Does anyone know the best way to do that? I'm more familiar with EV 9 and 10 and I'm still not sure how to do what they are asking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If they want all the mail you could use the Export Wizard and limit by date range.  Other wise, if they have DA they should use it.

To start the export:
1. In the left-hand pane of the Administration Console, right-click the Archives icon.

2. On the shortcut menu, click Export.

3. Work through the Export Archive wizard to complete the export

You can export only items that have been archived from mailboxes, not items archived from public folders or SharePoint workspaces.
When you export, you can filter the output by date and by retention category. So, for example, you could export items less than a year old that were archived with a retention category of Business.
When you export to PST files, the wizard lets you control the maximum size of the output files. The default maximum of 600 MB is ideal for writing to CD. If a file reaches the maximum size, the wizard automatically creates a numbered sequence of files, none of which exceeds the maximum size.

Folders in PST files can contain a maximum of 16,383 items. This is a PST file limitation. If a folder reaches this limit the Export Archive wizard automatically creates a new folder of the same name but with a number suffix. For example, if folder 'Inbox' is full, the Export Archive wizard automatically creates 'Inbox 1' to hold further items.  The wizard creates, for each PST file, a configuration file that you may need if you intend to import the PST file contents back into Enterprise Vault.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

If they want all the mail you could use the Export Wizard and limit by date range.  Other wise, if they have DA they should use it.

To start the export:
1. In the left-hand pane of the Administration Console, right-click the Archives icon.

2. On the shortcut menu, click Export.

3. Work through the Export Archive wizard to complete the export

You can export only items that have been archived from mailboxes, not items archived from public folders or SharePoint workspaces.
When you export, you can filter the output by date and by retention category. So, for example, you could export items less than a year old that were archived with a retention category of Business.
When you export to PST files, the wizard lets you control the maximum size of the output files. The default maximum of 600 MB is ideal for writing to CD. If a file reaches the maximum size, the wizard automatically creates a numbered sequence of files, none of which exceeds the maximum size.

Folders in PST files can contain a maximum of 16,383 items. This is a PST file limitation. If a folder reaches this limit the Export Archive wizard automatically creates a new folder of the same name but with a number suffix. For example, if folder 'Inbox' is full, the Export Archive wizard automatically creates 'Inbox 1' to hold further items.  The wizard creates, for each PST file, a configuration file that you may need if you intend to import the PST file contents back into Enterprise Vault.

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thank you, I'll try that out. No will this remove the emails from Enterprise Vault or just make a copy of them? I was hoping just to make a copy of them.

TonySterling

It will only copy them.