Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Indexing failed after upgrade to EV10.0.1 from EV9.0.2

AL-ex-AND-ar
Level 3

Hi,

Few day ago i upgraded EV9.0.2 to EV10.0.1

Process went ok. But indexing service failed to start (below are Event IDs)

On first start start of EV console - EV Console crash with folowing erorr:

FX:{1cb2d046-ad15-4bec-9219-af119e587c99}

Could not load file or assembly 'SystemStatusExtensionSnapIn, Version=9.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=26c5e2ccf2b9267c' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
   at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
   at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceAndUnwrap(String assemblyName, String typeName)
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInClient.CreateSnapIn(String assemblyName, String typeName)
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.ClassLibraryServices.Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IClassLibraryServices.CreateSnapIn(String assemblyName, String typeName)
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInInitializationOperation.OnStart()
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.Start()
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RunningOperationsTable.EnqueueOperation(Operation operation)
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.NamespaceExtensionComponentData.GetScopeNodeForExpand(IDataObject dataObject, IntPtr hScopeItem)
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.ComponentData.OnExpand(IDataObject dataObject, Boolean isExpanding, IntPtr hScopeItem)
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.ExpandMmcNotification.OnNotify(IntPtr dataObject, IntPtr arg, IntPtr param)
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.MmcNotifyTarget.Notify(IntPtr dataObject, NotificationType eventType, IntPtr arg, IntPtr param)
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.ComponentData.Notify(IntPtr dataObject, NotificationType eventType, IntPtr arg, IntPtr param)

Event ID for errors connected with Indexing failed.

Event ID: 41299 - The Indexing Service is pending initialization.Requesting additional time for initialization routines....

Event ID: 41297 - The Indexing Service has started (10.0.1.1171).

Event ID: 41303 - The Indexing Service has been started, but must complete additional work before it can respond to external requests.

Event ID: 41293 -

An unexpected error has occurred.

Error Summary: Indexing Service start up error

Error Details: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {EB0F5829-7144-4978-9C14-AEE8EC8E7249} failed due to the following error: 80080005.

Reference: ServiceBaseEx::Run

Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Admin.DCOMServerFactory.CoCreate()

at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Admin.DCOMServerManager.Start()

at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Admin.StateManager.StartChildProcesses(IndexAdminService indexAdminservice)

at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common.ServiceBaseEx.ContinueOrAbortStartup(Action action)

at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Indexing.Admin.IndexAdminService.OnPerformStartup(Boolean HotRestart)

at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common.ServiceBaseEx.Run()

Does someone have similar problem?

Support is trying for a 4 day - with no success.

Aleksandar Cvetkovski

7 REPLIES 7

MartinZeifang
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I upgraded from EV10 to 10.0.1 and I have the same problem...
anyone any Ideas?

Thanks

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Aleksandar & Martin, best way is to keep pushing at Symantec Support.

Were the upgrades installations on the same server or on a new server (server migration)?

MartinZeifang
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I upgraded on the same Server...

MartinZeifang
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hallo everyone,

This Post
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/upgraded-1001-cant-start-indexing-service

linked me to this Artikel witch solved the Problem:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO59060

Index ist still rebuilding. But I can start the Service again.

Martin

AL-ex-AND-ar
Level 3

My upgraded was also on the same Server... but from 9.0.2

I allready try http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO59060

And no success, Additionaly i tray this with renaming meta data index location and again Indexing  service wont start.

Forget to mentioned that EV Console work fine from my workstation.

All stories are something around .net - i try reinstaling it, and after that re-apply EV10.01 binaries - but still no luck.

Andy_Geluykens
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Follow the next steps:

(worked for me)

1. Reconfigure the indexing metadata  location to the default location (if you have changed it) -> C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVIndexing\data\indexmetadata
  1. Reinstall EV binaries (launch the installation, after reboot everything should be working)

This is becaus all files and folders changes at the indexing metadata  location. (totaly new files)

Andy_Geluykens
Level 4
Partner Accredited

If this doesn't work, remove all file in the next directory

C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVIndexing\data\indexmetadata

Reinstall EV binaries after removal of the files

To check if everything work you can take a screenshot of the folder before and after the reinstallation.