cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journaling task runs but doesn't vault anything.

Wim_De_Cat
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

We are using Enterprise Vault 2007 v7.5. We set up a journaling mailbox but its not being vaulted. I already created a new task, a new policy, a new journal mailbox(both on exchange and in evadmin). I made a new vaultstore. Before creating the new ones I cleaned up the queues related to the journaling so that I was sure that he would use the new once that are created. Everything looks fine for as far as I can see. There are a couple of errors in the tracelog mainly

"The queue .\private$\Enterprise Vault Archive Agent Admin Queue is already open.|It is likely that another process is running and will be processing the Nack messages placed on this queue.|This Nack Handler will now terminate, as it is redundant.  No additional action is necessary."

that I find suspicious. There is no queue forming in the private queues. Tasks are all running and syncronizing gives an afermative reply.

I added a tracelog that ran for 30 minutes under the Journal archiving issues trace category.

It would be lovely if any of you guys could help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Wim

26 REPLIES 26

Wim_De_Cat
Level 3
Partner
Its a live system, we didn't rename it, but its never run. We had a consultant over to set it up but the license was ordered to late. So he did not got to check the journaling. And the support contract isn't out either, so no support call possible.

Frank_Beck
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Hiya,

The error
"Service ,13384,N/A,SRV154,"Database Service: Creating the DSN attribute 'Trusted_Connection' failed and was not set to 'yes' " shouldn't be causing this problem.

The entries in your StorageServiceEntry table at pointing at two very odd MSMQ paths:

PRIVATE=f24d5d84-7cb1-497e-aeab-b941fbc80f92\00000011
PRIVATE=f24d5d84-7cb1-497e-aeab-b941fbc80f92\00000012

Off the top of my head, the value should be something like

"PRIVATE=COMPUTERNAME\Enterprise Vault Storage Archive Queue"

I don't have access to my lab machine at home - anyone else care to pitch in with what a valid entry should be?

I think you have a bigger problem than just journaling here if those are the values you have for your MSMQ locations!

But I agree with Michel - log a case for this as something has gone wrong here, but once the entries in the DB are corrected to reference a valid computer/queue name everything should start working again!

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You don't have Enterprise Vault at home? bad employee! :) Queue looks like: DIRECT=OS:\Private$\Enterprise Vault Storage Archive Wim, you should open a case and explain that you are in the process of buying a contract. I think this should work... /Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Frank_Beck
Level 4

Have a look at this technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/293911

Go right to the end where it says "4. Clear the Directory database entries"

Try running the SQL queries there to clear all of the MSMQ paths and then restart the Enterprise Vault Admin service.

Best Regards,

Frank Beck

Wim_De_Cat
Level 3
Partner
Tried the SQL queries, and they didn't work.

Thanks anyway :)

Wim

Frank_Beck
Level 4
Hi Wim,

They didn't work as in they wouldn't run or the errors being logged are the same?

What do you get if you run the previous query again?

SELECT * FROM StorageServiceEntry

Thanks!

Frank

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Oh yes,

I forgot to add, Enterprise Vault does not "vault" items it "archives" them. Please lets start using the right terminology.