cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Archive from a folder still showing as Archiving

Raj_Kumar2
Level 4

One of our user trying to manually archiving the last months emails, still it is showing as Archiving, the Icon didnt changed to complete state.

Please help on how to find what is causing this issue.

Archive Policy

Archieve.png

Emails Status

Archive1.png

If we try to archive or unarchive the above emails, it is showing the below warnings

If I archive the above email - Select an Item to archive

If I unarchive the above emails - Unable to restore because you have not selected any archived items. select atlease one archived items and try again

6 REPLIES 6

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Raj,

This usually is indicating that you have set the setting "Remove safety copies" on the vaultstore General tab to '" after backup".

This means that unless your VSP is backedup, items remain pending.

Verify that setting, and verify backup happens, and verify backupmode is set/cleared.

Regards. Gertjan

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You can try Cancel operation to change email back to original message class. Check EV menu in outlook for cancel operation, while selecting the archive pending item.

(Note if you cancel the archive pending item it might create duplicate recoards)

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if is this only happening to one user, try to rule out if it's a client issue or not first.

Raj_Kumar2
Level 4

Thanks for your help.

@GertjanA: This is a single user issue, Remove safety copies set to Immediatly After Archive.

@Advisor: I dont find any option to cancel.. Outlook -> Tools -> EnterpriseVault ->...

@Andrew: Can you please brief on how to rule out?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

1. have the user try archiving from OWA instead of from outlook

2. have the user login to another computer and try to replicate the issue

3. run the archiving task from the EV server just against their mailbox and set it to archive just a few items

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

In that case, You will need to enable the Cancel menu option in Desktop policy assigned to the user and sync the user.