cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass recall of mails to public folder

xgtdec
Level 4

Hi Folks

I recall having an issue like this some time ago where we had a large amount of mail in a public folder that was archived by differant people and not the public folder task. 

Basically we had to get in and recall the mail at what i think was 250 at a time because that was the limit imposed by EV.

We are on 11.0.1 now so my basic question is

"is there a better way to mass recall items to a public folder then doing it manually"

If a third party tool could be used could you suggest one and advise on probable costs?

Declan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, the PFE can restore the items back to Exchange that were archived by the Public Folder Task.  Feel free to ping me for more info.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Unfortuntely there are no built in tools for this so it will be a case of either Exporting to PST, which you can do with a bit of fiddling, but it is not really a supported option, then you will need to Import back into the PFs, which can be just as much faff as restoring manually so not really worth it.

Or you could use something along the lines of Quadrotechs Public Folder Exporter, no idea how much it costs, this is something you will need to ask Quadrotech.

http://evtools.net/public-folder-exporter/

TonySterling

Appreciate the endorsement Ben, but unfortunately as these items were not archive by a Public folder task I don't think our PFE tool would not be able to help.

xgtdec
Level 4

Thanks Guys

Tony, Would the PFE tool restore the items that were archived by the public folder task??

So if in a folder we had a 80/20 split where 80% was done with the PF task and the other 20 was a mix of people moving things in and out...could we restore the 80% using PFE?

Declan

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

No worries Tony,

I just assumed that, as the limits last time were imposed by EV, the recalls would be done by EV meaning the Archiving had been done by EV initially, as we wouldn't interact and impose limits on another Archiving solution's recall operation.

That was me joining up the dots, but there is a strong possibility that the dots weren't there in the first place though knowing me....

TonySterling

Yes, the PFE can restore the items back to Exchange that were archived by the Public Folder Task.  Feel free to ping me for more info.