cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Employee access attachments in old mailbox

Cooler_Than_Chu
Level 2

I have a new employee taking over for a guy that resigned. We gave the new employee access to the guy’s mailbox in outlook, anything that has been put in the vault shows up but he can’t open the attachments.

Any ideas? Is there a procedure for this? I am pretty ignorant about this system; I just started with the company and inherited E Vault.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Is there any error message?
Are the enterprise vault extensions installed?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Atul_R
Level 4
Hi Bruce (I guess if you are cooler than Chuck Norris, you must be Bruce Lee) : )
Have you checked permissions on the vault for that mailbox? If the new user does not have explicit permissions assigned to the vault (or synch'ed from the AD), he won't be able to open the complete message from the vault.

The way I understand it, your new user is able to open the shortcut, and depending on the amount of data contained in it (as per your policy), he is able to access that much portion of the message.

Hope this helps
Atul

Robert_Primozic
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Yo

Do yo open this mailbox as an aditional mailbox within the user's primary mailbox?
If yes, you have to set (in outlook) somewhere in Tools->options (OL2003) or in security center (OL 2007) "allow scripts in shared folders"

Robert

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Robert nailed that one!

Outlook with security updates disables executing script in a separate mailbox.

Here is the tech solution.

Jim S.

Cooler_Than_Chu
Level 2
That sounds good, I will try it this morning and let yall know how it works, thanks for the tip.