cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to push the EV policies to a different domain from another domain

skw234dmsp
Level 3
Not able to push EV polices to remote domain.  The domain where EV exist I am able to push policies without any problems.  I opened all ports to a test machine to see if there was any blocking and this did not resolve anything.  I am using EV 8.01.  I was able to push out the EV Outlook Client, however, I pushed the clients out using a GP from that domain. 
1) Are there any rights that the EV Service Account needs in the remote domain
2.) I checked the policies and did not see any policies blocking, i.e. (Outlook 2007 ADM Template) or something close that would block.

Need assistance on trying to figure out why I cannot push policies to the remote domain.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

Enterprise Vault does not need any port to "communicate" policy changes.
Policy changes (mailbox/desktop) are stored on the server side, either in Enterprise Vault directly, or in the User's Mailbox.
As long as you can synchronize the Exchange servers successfully, your policies should arrive at the client.

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Can you clarify what you mean by not able to push the policy?

Do you mean the mailboxes wont provision or is that they don't synch, etc??

skw234dmsp
Level 3
Desktop policies...
I am able to push out mailbox policies, however, if I try to push out desktop policies or us EVPM to change retention categories for that domain it doesn't work. Also, in the domain that does work I am able to see EV folder properties in outlook.  In the domain that does not work I am not able to see EV folder properties.  I can synch and provision mailboxes.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Hi,

Folder properties are only visible when using the DCOM client, can you check your client trace, and see what version is being reported there...  Look for a line similiar to this :

Can you post your EVPM Script?  Are the domains in the same forest?

Working for cloudficient.com

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

Enterprise Vault does not need any port to "communicate" policy changes.
Policy changes (mailbox/desktop) are stored on the server side, either in Enterprise Vault directly, or in the User's Mailbox.
As long as you can synchronize the Exchange servers successfully, your policies should arrive at the client.

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.