cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on controlling client driven pst migrations

DavidFG
Level 2

After much pain we've come down to the Client Driven PST migration would work best for our org.  The only bad part for us is that the tool scours then entire PC for PST's (unless you point to docs&settings) and assumes everything belongs to the enabled user and pulls them all in automatically.  However, I stumbled across this post https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/client-driven-pst-migration-control-psts-migrated#com... which he seems to suggest he was able to get the option to change it to "do not migrate" before it pulls it into the mailbox.  However, the thread is locked and marked as solved but it was never mentioned how this was achieved.  Has anyone else successfully gotten control over the PST's that the client driven option finds?  I can only get the dropdown to work with the locate/migrate option.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So what I gather that post is saying is that they used the PST Locator task to find all the PST's and mark them to Do Not Migrate.  Then they enabled Client Driven migration and the client would only migrate PST's after they changed the status.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So what I gather that post is saying is that they used the PST Locator task to find all the PST's and mark them to Do Not Migrate.  Then they enabled Client Driven migration and the client would only migrate PST's after they changed the status.

Mike_Yee
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Can you try disabling your PST migrator task or setting it's run window to never and then see if you can change the PST status to 'do not migrate' in the Vault Admin Console?

DavidFG
Level 2

Thanks guys, testing with this now.