cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on mixed Exchange Environment.

Paul_E
Level 5

I think I know the answer I'm looking for but would like someone to confirm if they can please.

We are running EV 2007 SP6 alongside our existing Exchange 2003 Server and new Exchange 2007 server. All mailboxes have now been migrated to Exchange 2007 and we are ready to decomission Exchange 2003. Am I right in thinking that I can now uninstall Exchange 2003 System Manager and dont need to install the Exchange 2007 tools ?

Thanks

Paul
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
Correct.

As part of the migration make sure you have used the Sync in migration mode key.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_E
Level 5

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
Correct.

As part of the migration make sure you have used the Sync in migration mode key.

Thanks.

Paul_E
Level 5

Many thanks for the swift reply. We did have Syncinmigration set to zero but have sinced changed it to 1, is that correct ?

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
One means that it will try to match users up every Synchronisation in EV. If all users are now on Exch2007, set the key to 1, sync everyone, and delete the key. As long as you have decommissioned the Exch2003 server I dont think EV will try to relink back to that but you never know your "luck"

Stick a solution flag somewhere if you are happy with the post is resolved please :)