cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recreating shortcuts on EV8SP3 running on MSCS cluster

ThomasMillerJR
Level 4
5 users had PST imports performed against their archive and mailboxes with incorrect short cut policies.  The policies did not include links to allow access into the Vault or to include attachment link etc.  All users with imports afterward the first 5 used the correct policy.

What is the best way to force a recreation of the short cuts in those 5 mailboxes that matches the items already archived?

Which mentions editing the registry at HKLM\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents.

The Enterprise Vault server is clustered and it does not show an Agents Key.  Does one get created in this location? Or is it stored somewhere else?

Thanks

Tom Miller
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You are running 64 bit so the correct path is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi ThomasMillerJR

You can only use that for recreation of shortcut content. It cannot create a shortcut from nothing. So if your PST Migration did NOT include shortcuts, you cant create them afterwords. If there is a shortcut which is not set correctly, simply create the Agents key and then add RestoreShortcutBody DWORD.

Running on a cluster is irrelevant ;)

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You are running 64 bit so the correct path is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents.

ThomasMillerJR
Level 4
Wayne

Thanks for the quick reply.  The PST Migration did include shortcuts but the policy was incorrect.  The shortcuts are in the Exchange mailboxes.  What I am looking to due is to update those shortcuts.  Is that possible?

The shortcut exists but the shortcut contents were incorrect:

Specifically I did not Customize the shortcut body to include ""banner","Link to archived item" and Display attachments as links.

So am I on the right track here?

Thanks

Tom

ThomasMillerJR
Level 4
Thanks!  Tony now I see the settings.

Tom