cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcuts are not being deleted automatically

Suporte_GP
Level 4

I've set my Enterprise Vault to delete shortcuts after 6 months, and to delete orphaned shortcuts too (check attached print). Storage Expiry are set to never.

What should I do so it can delete the shortcuts after 6 months automatically? This isn't working right now.

I'm running EV v10.0.0.1316.

23 REPLIES 23

BigPhil
Level 5

I dont see how it could hurt. I would update to 10.0.4 as soon as you can. I still think there is something else going on here though, like the items aren't older than 6 months. If you have a test mailbox, could you setup a new provisioning group and Exchange mailbox policy applied to it that deletes shortcuts after a day or two?

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are you using Archive Explorer at all?

I know we used to stop shortcut deletion from mailboxes if Archive Explorer wasnt enabled for end users as if the shortcuts were deleted, and they couldnt access their Archives via Archive Explorer, it would stop them accessing the archived mails completely.

Not sure if this has been changed or not in newer releases as it was by design, and for good reason in my eyes.

With regards to upgrading to 10.0.4, it wont hurt (in the big picture) as Phil says but it wont help this 'issue' that you are seeing here as I believe we arent hitting an problem, as Phils says in the post above I also believe that it is something to do with settings somewhere for the affected users/shortcuts.

BigPhil
Level 5

It would also be a good idea (if you indeed changed the site setting to base expiry on modified date) to verify the modified date of the shortcuts items. You might also want to double check where your expiry settings are coming from. It will either be in the site settings, or the rentention categories could also override the storage expiry settings too, so check your retention categories. To see the last modified time in Outlook 2007, click Help/About Symantec Enterprise Vault/Tech Info/ and then you can scroll to find "selected item properties" In Outlook 2010/2013 click File/Enterprise Vault/Addition Support Information link/ scroll to "selected item properties."

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Per my read you have nothing eligable :

No of Expired Shortcuts 0
No of Orphaned Shortcuts 0
No of Old Shortcuts 0

BigPhil has been a BigHelp so far in this thread and his last posting is what I would do nex to see if your opinion of what should happen matches the data in these properties.