cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize default permission event id 3285

vernon_lai
Level 3
I got this warning in event log. Actually, what does it mean?

Event Type:Warning
Event Source:Enterprise Vault
Event Category:(19)
Event ID:3285
Date:1/19/2006
Time:5:30:36 AM
User:N/A
Computer:EVSERVER
Description:
The folder has Default permissions set that grant all users access to this folder. By default, this has not been synchronized to the users archive.

MailboxDn: /o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Administrator
FolderPath: Inbox

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.veritas.com/rosetta/showevent.asp
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
There are now two registry entries you can use on the Archiving Service computer to control the behavior. After you install 5.0 CP1a, Enterprise Vault will automatically remove existing Default and Anonymous user settings from archives unless you use the registry entries to specify otherwise.

Create the registry entries under the following key:

HKY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents

The entries are as follows:

Name
IncludeDefOrAnonPermsFromSynchDWORD

Controls whether Enterprise Vault synchronizes the Default and Anonymous permissions.

0 (Default) — Do not synchronize Default or Anonymous permissions

1 — Synchronize Default and Anonymous permissions

Also,

NoWarnForDefOrAnonPermsDWORD

Controls whether Enterprise Vault creates a warning entry in the Application Event log for each folder it finds that has Default or Anonymous permissions set.

0 (Default) — Warn when a folder has Default or Anonymous permissions set

1 — Do not warn when a folder has Default or Anonymous permissions set

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
It means that the user named as set the default or anon permissions on the folder named and any one can open it.

EV did not synch those permissions to the archive, b/c if it had everyone could see their archived mail.

You can set a reg key to ignore this if you do not want to see it, but we use it to be able to find the folders and correct these settings.

Lu_K
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Scuse me, what's the correct regisstry key?
I look on Registry_Values.chm manual, but I cannot find it!

thanks

TonySterling
There are now two registry entries you can use on the Archiving Service computer to control the behavior. After you install 5.0 CP1a, Enterprise Vault will automatically remove existing Default and Anonymous user settings from archives unless you use the registry entries to specify otherwise.

Create the registry entries under the following key:

HKY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents

The entries are as follows:

Name
IncludeDefOrAnonPermsFromSynchDWORD

Controls whether Enterprise Vault synchronizes the Default and Anonymous permissions.

0 (Default) — Do not synchronize Default or Anonymous permissions

1 — Synchronize Default and Anonymous permissions

Also,

NoWarnForDefOrAnonPermsDWORD

Controls whether Enterprise Vault creates a warning entry in the Application Event log for each folder it finds that has Default or Anonymous permissions set.

0 (Default) — Warn when a folder has Default or Anonymous permissions set

1 — Do not warn when a folder has Default or Anonymous permissions set

Lu_K
Level 4
Thank you for fast replay.
I just try to set "NoWarnForDefOrAnonPerms" DWORD=1 key on my EV 6.0 Sp1, but it doesn't work.
Olso after a restart of EV's Admin Service but in the Event Viewer the warning about synchronization yet display.

Do you know if the "NoWarnForDefOrAnonPerms" settings works on EV 5.0 only and it doesn't works on EV 6.0?

TonySterling
I believe in version 6.0 you set this on the advanced tab for the mailbox policy.

Lu_K
Level 4
Yes! Correct!
In EV 6.0 the "Synchronize Default and Anonymous permissions" settings was in a Mailbox Policy!
Thank you!