Did you mean: 

cscript owauser.wsf fails with error

Chris_Barnes
Level 4
Partner
Hello everyone,

Windows Server 2003 SP1
Enterprise Vault 6.0 SP1

When I run cscript I get a popup window labeled WebApp and it states "Failed to update IIS metabase" "Error: 5:" "Invalid Procedure call or argument"

There is also an entry in the system event log:

Event Type:Warning
Event Source:W3SVC
Event Category:None
Event ID:1048
Date:2/17/2006
Time:12:19:32 PM
User:N/A
Computer:KVS
Description:
The application '/EVAnon/' belonging to site '1' has an invalid AppPoolId 'EnterpriseVaultAppPool' set. Therefore, the application will be ignored.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have tried troubleshooting permissions in IIS. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
It sounds like the metabase may be locked down. In IIS 6, this is an xml file called metabase.xml in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv folder. Check the VSA has permissions to update the file.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
It sounds like the metabase may be locked down. In IIS 6, this is an xml file called metabase.xml in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv folder. Check the VSA has permissions to update the file.

JR_W
Level 2
Does the "EnterpriseVaultAppPool" exist? What App pool is the EnterpriseVault virtual directory using?

Do you have direct edit for the metabase enabled in IIS?
Computer management -> expand "Services and Applications" -> right click and select properties for "Internet Information Services (IIS)" -> Is "Enable Direct Metabase Edit" checked?
It should not be.

Chris_Barnes
Level 4
Partner
I've tried both. I even uninstalled EV and IIS and reinstalled. Strange... There may be an IIS metabase and AD password mismatch.

Chris_Barnes
Level 4
Partner
Group Policy was stripping the account permissions.

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
Could you please tell us what the GP settings where that cuased this?
Much appreciated.