cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disabling rchiving exchange

mghomer
Level 6

Hi evreybody,

I would like to disable the exchange archiving. Unfortunately the Evault was not setup by me so I’m not really familiar with the software.
As I understood I have only to disabled the two tasks:
Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for "our Mailserver"
and
Exchange Provisioning Task for "our Domain"

The other tasks for the file archiving I will let running.

Is that the right way?

The attachments from the exchange which are already archived should stay archived. I think it will be or I’m wrong?

Or it is better way to stop the schedule. I mean if i opne the first task and go tto "Schedule" there is nothing setup. If i open "Settings" i see  this selcted:

"AM synchronization at the following hour" :0. If i just disable this i think the task will never run again? and the same for the second task.

We are not on Exchange any more so we will turn off the system in 2 years. But for now the users should have the possibility just to download the archived content within the mail from Outlook and from OWA.

We are using EVault 9 withou Outlook Plugin

I hope you can help me

Tanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Yup, thats all you need do, disable the tasks and it will not archive, not synchronize or anything.
You may wish to disable the schedule and set the vault stores in backup mode as well just as an extra measure, as you may need to synchronize mailboxes every so often if people need to get access to their emails.

Users will still be able to retrieve their EV items by double clicking the shortcuts in outlook, however they will not be able to restore to the mailbox and the original locations.

You could also if you wanted just export the users to a PST file or the original mailbox so theres no need for EV.

But typically the way i think most people would do it is

1. Use the disable archive wizard to disable all the users from being archived, this requires exchange to be up and running and to connect to their mailbox
2. Disable the site schedule on the site properties so the tasks will never have any chance to run
3. Check each task and make sure the schedule is used to inherit from site
4. Set the task to run in Report Mode and leave the task running , not disabled
5. Put the vault stores and indexes in to read only mode

But disabling the tasks will also work, you may just get the odd case where the hidden message is lost/deleted/corrupt on the users mailbox and can no longer retrieve their items

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Yup, thats all you need do, disable the tasks and it will not archive, not synchronize or anything.
You may wish to disable the schedule and set the vault stores in backup mode as well just as an extra measure, as you may need to synchronize mailboxes every so often if people need to get access to their emails.

Users will still be able to retrieve their EV items by double clicking the shortcuts in outlook, however they will not be able to restore to the mailbox and the original locations.

You could also if you wanted just export the users to a PST file or the original mailbox so theres no need for EV.

But typically the way i think most people would do it is

1. Use the disable archive wizard to disable all the users from being archived, this requires exchange to be up and running and to connect to their mailbox
2. Disable the site schedule on the site properties so the tasks will never have any chance to run
3. Check each task and make sure the schedule is used to inherit from site
4. Set the task to run in Report Mode and leave the task running , not disabled
5. Put the vault stores and indexes in to read only mode

But disabling the tasks will also work, you may just get the odd case where the hidden message is lost/deleted/corrupt on the users mailbox and can no longer retrieve their items

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146