cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 5230 CIFS Share Permissions issue

brett_holloway
Level 2
Partner

We recently have had issues copying any software updates to the software share. I open the share via the CLISH - Manage>Software>Share Open. Then map a drive to \\nbappliance\incoming_patches using the appliance admin credentials. However, when trying to copy any packages to the location I get access denied. I've been able to do this in the past, then it suddenly stopped and I can't seem to figure out what changed. I've gone thru this past forum and it's something beyond this it seems - https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/cannot-place-my-files-mapping-network-drives-appliance-5220

Is it possible that permissions were altered somehow? If so, how can we correct them?

nbudr1_software_share_0.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

D_Flood
Level 6

You could try mapping using a "net use" command rather than the Windows GUI...then you could specify a userid and password....

brett_holloway
Level 2
Partner

I am specifying the admin credentials when I do the drive mapping. Using "net use" and specifying the credentials does the same exact thing. Wow. Over 2 months and still no viable solution to this. I'm wondering if upgrading the appliance would possibly resolve this issue. It's currently on 2.6.1.2. However, the BIOS is a out dated and upgrading it before updating the BIOS could be risky.

Vishal_S
Level 2
Employee

Please check if this article helps

Unable to map shares to 52X0 appliances.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000021116

Regards,

Vishal

watsons
Level 6

Brett,

I am assuming you have no problem doing the "map network drive" or "net use" using admin user, but copying files onto it gives you "access denied"?

Did you check in the appliance to make sure this path is writable?

applhost:/inst/patch/incoming # ls -l ..
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Sep 19  2015 appliance
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 19  2015 client
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Jun  3 14:04 incoming

I tested in my 2.6.1.2 appliance and my uplaod works fine.