cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: OpsCenter

NavGee
Level 5

OpsCenter Analytics can manage multiple Netbackup domains I'm assuming they have to be all be the same version, Is my assumption be correct.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You need your OpsCenter to be at least as high a version as your highest Master

So if you have a 7.6.0.1 Master you need a 7.6.0.1 OpsCenter ... this will be fine then with any 7.x Masters you have

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You need your OpsCenter to be at least as high a version as your highest Master

So if you have a 7.6.0.1 Master you need a 7.6.0.1 OpsCenter ... this will be fine then with any 7.x Masters you have

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

It can even work with 6.x Master servers if you install the 7.6 OpsCenter agent on them!

#edit#

From the 7.6 OpsCenter guide:

Note: For NetBackup 6.5.x master servers, you need to have OpsCenter Agent
only if you want to collect image, error log, breakup jobs, capacity license, or
traditional license data. For NetBackup 6.0.x master servers, you need to have
OpsCenter Agent only if you want to collect image, error log, capacity, and
traditional license data. For NetBackup 7.0.x master servers, you need to have
OpsCenter Agent only if you want to collect breakup jobs, capacity license, or
traditional license data. For NetBackup 7.1.x, 7.5, 7.6 master servers, you need
to have OpsCenter Agent only if you want to collect capacity license or traditional
license data.

NavGee
Level 5

Mark the  customer has 4 other Netbackup domains. Recently I built them a  7.5 Ops Centers server for reporting/monitoring for their 7.5 domains got then as analytics evaluation license and got their dba to create bespoke reports via sql query. I would like to add the two appliance domains to the Ops Center. Therefore on the nbu 7.5 VCS clusters I need to install 7.6 Opscenter agent,  upgrade Ops Center server itself to 7.6. then install the 7.6 agent on the appliances then I'm good to go.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

No - Just upgrade their OpsCenter to 7.6.0.1 - no need for agents anywhere - just add the other Masters in.