cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topology_node_ini is gone

Jan-Olof_Erikss
Level 5
Hi,
I have problem with puredisk not running the cleanup jobs, however I found the cron was not started, so that probably will fix that, however I saw also that topology_nodes_ini is missing in 1 server, this is cousing some jobs to fail, configuration below.

All running 6.6

Node 1 is spa, Node 2 is cr only

Node 1 is missing the topology_node_ini file both the link in /opt/pdinstall and the file in /Storage/etc
Node 2 have broken symbolic links to both topolog.ini and topology_nodes.ini this is probably right since Node1 is the "master", or?
I have also 2 nodes for duplication.
Node 3 is spa, this node have a topology_nodes.ini,
Node 4 is cr,Node 4 have broken links as above.
I don't know why the topology_nodes.ini is missing in Node 1, and I don´t have a backup, however I could copy the file from Node 3, and change so i´ts pointing to the right nodes.
My question is, is this a good way to solve this, and I asume that I had to do a reboot of Node 1 and perhaps even Node 2?
Nice if I somebody answer, my PureDisk is running "bad"
/regards
Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jan-Olof_Erikss
Level 5
Thanks Simon,
Ysterday I took a the file from another server, changed it and did the symbolic link and rebooted, seems to work.

/Joe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

S_Williamson
Level 6

Hi Joe

I have had this issue before so since then I periodically back them up to topology_ini.enc.copy for this reason. The files are just basic text documents so my suggestion is just to re-create the file. If you have a working file on another server copy it over and edit the relevant fields. Shouldn't take too long to do. From memory this used to be a bug that if you went into YAST2 and then quit out rather then saving I think that might delete the file.Not sure if thats maybe what you did or if that still occurs.

You will need to create the files in /Storage/etc and then create a symbolic link to the file in /opt/pdinstall

I hope you have the passwords somewhere safe (like in Keypass) so you can re-enter them into the topology file else you will have to find a procedure to reset them.

If in doubt launch a support case. hope this helps.

regards

Simon

Jan-Olof_Erikss
Level 5
Thanks Simon,
Ysterday I took a the file from another server, changed it and did the symbolic link and rebooted, seems to work.

/Joe