cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Image Replication - expire after copy?

elanmbx
Level 6

Running NetBackup 7.5.0.6 on a Solaris master server.  3 media server 5220 appliances (v. 2.5.3) at source domain.  Using AIR to replicate images to target domain (5220 master/media running 2.5.3).  Currently I'm importing the images at the target and then running a duplication to tape to retain image for 3 months.  Target retention of MSDP image is 2 weeks.

What I would like to do is, after the tape copy is made, expire the MSDP image.  So basically I would *only* be using the MSDP pool to transfer the images from source domain -> target domain.  Once the tape copy is made on the target side it would be expired.

Note - I only want to do this set of operations at the *target* domain.

Not sure if this is currently possible?

Thanks,

-Mike-

2 REPLIES 2

Nate_D1
Level 6

Are you looking for an automated process for this? I would be interested in something similar.

If you are solid on your process, could you just set your retention age for the amount of time it takes to run the duplication + a day or 2 buffer?

watsons
Level 6

I don't think there is any automated process from Netbackup.

Probably something to try with (at least for me). I will start with setting up a SLP to duplicate imported images from MSDP pool to the secondary storage (tape or disk).

Did anyone try?