cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up folders on 2003 R2, changing uppercase to lowercase.

mcapshaw
Level 3

I have a policy for a flat file pick up of some Databases.  The folder on the 2003 R2 server look like this X:\Mssql, but when I do a restore I have 2 choices, X:\Mssql or X:\mssql.  It puts the files in either of the two folders.  Has anyone seen this?  I have googled and found nothing but I may be wording it incorrectly in my search.  Its not a big deal, but just annoying to the restore team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mcapshaw
Level 3

I think I have figured it out, its the policies, I have two for that server.  One is for full system state and the other is an every 4 hour db backup.  I need to exclude the db drive and folder in the full system state.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

so are you saying the when you select the restore to Original location restore in restore window

sometimes its keeping the files on X:\Mssql and sometimes into X:\mssql.  ?

do you have these 2 folders in the servers with valid source data..?

mcapshaw
Level 3

Yes, when we look at the data to restore it has data in both folders in the BAR, Mssql and mssql even though the server itself has just one folder, Mssql. 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Has the policy ever been changed? - wondering if it has reflected this into the images - or if that folder itself has been changed?

Is there a specific date range when they show as one case or the other or is it random?

mcapshaw
Level 3

I think I have figured it out, its the policies, I have two for that server.  One is for full system state and the other is an every 4 hour db backup.  I need to exclude the db drive and folder in the full system state.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Ah - so not a policy change but two with it picking it up differently - I was close that it could be coming from the policy!