Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup progress

blanco_adalbert
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello Every body, 

I have seen that some times netbackup activity monitor does not show the real progress of backups and restores, are there any way to know the real troughputh of backups and restores from some logs or process?

best regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

bptm log on media server will have evidence of each buffer of data received from client and bpbrm on media server will have a record of each catalog update received from client.

On the client, bpbkar (for filesystem backup) will record backup activity on the client.

View solution in original post

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

And the tar log for restores (for file system restore), not sure about database/application backups.

I have often used things like network throughput and disk throughput on the client to see the actually data transfer rate

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

bptm log on media server will have evidence of each buffer of data received from client and bpbrm on media server will have a record of each catalog update received from client.

On the client, bpbkar (for filesystem backup) will record backup activity on the client.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

And the tar log for restores (for file system restore), not sure about database/application backups.

I have often used things like network throughput and disk throughput on the client to see the actually data transfer rate

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue