cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection errors on SQL backup, flat files OK

Vince_Noir
Level 4

Hi,

I'm trying to use NBU to backup a sql database, but I'm getting connection errors. I can backup files using MS-Windows policy so I know the client can communicate with the master server OK. No firewalls are on, and I've removed and reintalled the client for good measure. I've attached dbclient, bpcd and vnetd logs

NBU master 7.5.0.6 x64 (windows)

media 7.5.0.6 x64 (windows)

client windows 2008 r2 7.5.0.6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

What does the bch file look like? It should have the Master Severs name in it and not the Media Servers

A flat file backup only talks to the media server - a SQL backup talks to the Master server - that is likely to be where your issue is

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified
	status: FAILED, (24) BAD_VERSION; system: (10036) A blocking operation is currently executing. ; FROM 0.0.0.0 TO [MEDIA].xxxx.xxx.xx 192.168.101.222 bprd VIA pbx
	status: FAILED, (9) READ_FAILED; system: (10036) A blocking operation is currently executing. ; FROM 0.0.0.0 TO [MEDIA].xxxx.xxx.xx 192.168.101.222 bprd VIA vnetd
	status: FAILED, (42) CONNECT_REFUSED; system: (10061) No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. ; FROM 0.0.0.0 TO [MEDIA].xxxx.xxx.xx 192.168.101.222 bprd

so its trying to connect the bprd in media server.. but it suppose to connect to Master server.

what is the first entry in the server registory key..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\Server 

it should be always master server and also bpclntcmd -pn should return the master server name please check and correct it and then try the backup

Vince_Noir
Level 4

Both the master and media are in key, the master is first.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

What does the bch file look like? It should have the Master Severs name in it and not the Media Servers

A flat file backup only talks to the media server - a SQL backup talks to the Master server - that is likely to be where your issue is

Vince_Noir
Level 4

Yes that was it, it had the media server in the bch file.

Thanks!

Vince_Noir
Level 4
bpclntcmd -pn from the client:

expecting response from server [MASTER].XXXX.XXX.XX
[client].XXXX.XXX.XX [client].XXXX.XXX.XX 192.168.XXX.XXX 57070

Master is correct

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Good stuff - glad to have helped - thanks for coming back so quickly

Vince_Noir
Level 4

No worries, I'm a bit disappointed I didn't spot that myself!