Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAG GRT restore mailbox not show

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I try to restore a mailbox or message from a backup was made using GRT, the backup works fine but when I try to restore I ope the tree and when the system show database I cann't open any else, the only option to restore is database.

The NBU is 7.1 mounted on Windows 2008 and is master/media server, the Exchange are a cluster with DAG/CAS role. The backup show the blue man. Then we need probe the backup restoring an item, and this item must be a message.

Any had experience with this issue?

I follow the steps that videos show, all is ok. Something that could be important, the netbackup service start with a user that has Administartion rights on exchange (like literature say). The user with I try to restore is another with rights as administrator on Master/Media server and is member of domain administrator group. 

Regards,

Carlos Espinoza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

A quick check here for a couple of known (and one "to be known" issue) but first .. which patch level of NBU are you at? 7.1.0.3?

1. Are all your images held on disk still (required)

2. Have you  images been duplicated to tape - if so try and expand the selection as soon as a backup has completed but before it is duplicated to see if it works then - i believe this is a bug which i hope will be fixed soon

3. Have you users been migrated from 2003 to a new version of exchange (known issue fixed in 7.1.0.3 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159453) but i would have expected some to show even then

4. Are you exchange servers, media servers and master all on exactly the same version of NBU and patch level

Finally just as much about your setup as possible

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

A quick check here for a couple of known (and one "to be known" issue) but first .. which patch level of NBU are you at? 7.1.0.3?

1. Are all your images held on disk still (required)

2. Have you  images been duplicated to tape - if so try and expand the selection as soon as a backup has completed but before it is duplicated to see if it works then - i believe this is a bug which i hope will be fixed soon

3. Have you users been migrated from 2003 to a new version of exchange (known issue fixed in 7.1.0.3 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159453) but i would have expected some to show even then

4. Are you exchange servers, media servers and master all on exactly the same version of NBU and patch level

Finally just as much about your setup as possible

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you Mark

I installed the new version 7.0.1.3 and I can view that one service doesn't work in one exchange server, it is Client for NFS. I reinstalled NFS because the service cannot started. After this, I can see the messages.

Thank you for your answer.

Carlos Espinoza