cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine disk space used by clients and-or policy images

Thomas_Anthony
Level 5

Hello,

I was wondering if there's a command, or set of commands, that can be used to determine how much disk space and/or image size is used by a client and/or a policy for a given date range ?

A related space question for Data Domain disk data, is there a way to determine how much disk space is used by any given de-duplicated image ?

Thaks for your help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I would look at using OpsCenter for this - if you are capacity and de-dupe based then you may have the Analytics license?

The reporting within OpsCenter does a lot with de-dupe figures as well as the "charegeback" sections which are designed for showing the amount of space used by clients on the system

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I would look at using OpsCenter for this - if you are capacity and de-dupe based then you may have the Analytics license?

The reporting within OpsCenter does a lot with de-dupe figures as well as the "charegeback" sections which are designed for showing the amount of space used by clients on the system

Hope this helps

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NBU info will give total non-dedupe size.

For example - one backup on our lab system for my laptop:

To check for backups for Client Marianne-Win7 between 1 Jan and 20 Aug with policy name MvdB, I use the following command:

>bpimagelist -client Marianne-Win7 -d 01/01/2012 -e 08/20/2012 -policy MvdB -U

Backed Up         Expires       Files       KB  C  Sched Type   On Hold Index Status Policy

----------------  ---------- -------- --------  -  ------------ ------- ------------ ------------

07/03/2012 10:37  07/03/2013   176052 355660187  N  Full Backup  0       0            MvdB

Client Backups report should show something similar.

Thomas_Anthony
Level 5

Thanks all for your comments !!  Both are solutions !!