Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drives are getting down

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hi Experts,

We are experencing the below issue with our SL150 library

tld0 cannot dismount drivex slotx already full. Let me tell you that it has 8 drives and we all drives gets down frequently and tapes get stuck on it for long time.

We didnot move tapes physically and didnot do anything with the library. Its not the issue when tape is inside the drive and somebody moves the tapes.

Pls suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

H_Sharma
Level 6

Found issue was with Tapes these tapes were faulty these down the drive whereever these used to go :)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

tld0 cannot dismount drivex slotx already full.

I have NEVER seen this without someone opening robot door and adding tapes manually....

Neither NetBackup nor the robot will move tapes around all by itself and not keep record of it! surprise

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hargyan,

When this issue occurs, is there a tape in the original slot the media was pulled from?

When this occurs, you can use robtest to verify what slot the tape originated from...

Example:

robtest.png

As you can see drive 2 (shows cartridge = yes and source address = slot 2)

If you then run show slots (s s), you can see if there is media in the slot as well.

robtest2.png

Locate the slot your tape came from, and see if that slot has the same cartridge = yes condition.

If this is the case, then somebody moved or added tapes to your library while jobs were running.

If not, then attempt to move the media back to the original source slot using robtest.

Move Drive(X) to Slot(X)

Example: 

#>   m d2 s2

If that fails, you may need to physically verify the slots / drives in the library and see what is preventing the media to return back to the original slot.

Please let us know your findings...

--Tom

spitman
Level 5

Right--as Tom and Marianne have said, but put a different way, it may not be from someone *moving* the tapes from place to place, but *inserting* new tapes. Are you/other employees using the mail slot to add tapes? Do you run an inventory with "empty mail slot" checked afterwards?

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Adding a tape(s) via an inventory (place into CAP) shouldn't cause this issue as the library knows the slot has a tape (or at least t should do ...), even if it is iin the drive - it's usually caused be the door being opened and tapes being inserted into slots manually, or, move roud with robtest of the librarys own interace.

spitman
Level 5

mpg99--that's right--and that's exactly why I asked the question. Sounds like some questions need to be asked of the people around him.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Same as my 1st reply above... wink

H_Sharma
Level 6

Found issue was with Tapes these tapes were faulty these down the drive whereever these used to go :)