cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get services running/stopped

timmqlos
Level 3

Hi

I cant manage to find a way to get services running and stopped that you can see in the Activity Monitor in the Services tab.

bpps gives me processes but is there a command for the services?

Would like to have the same list as the one there is in the activity monitor in a text file.

Thx for your help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Not sure if there's anything 'out-of-the-box' as it were.

Maybe Opscenter, but don't use it personally, otherwise scripting.....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

The services are in there - they are processes after all.

You should be able to double check in the GUI that those services listed are also in the processes list

timmqlos
Level 3

I would to approach as much as possible the `services` view that contains everything i need, that means :

-A list that contains services on mediaservers too (bpps only gives me processes on the masterserver, would not be ok to create a sheduled task on all mediaservers to get these processes)

-The columns Service,Status,Binary pathname, Exit code

The problem is that the list of processes i get from bpps wont help me to know easily if services are up on all servers cause i need to link a process to a service (problem:some services can have the same process), to keep a list of all services which should be up and if i dont find the process in the list that means it is down. Could be ok with a script, but as i already have all informations in the `services` view of the Activity monitor you understand i try to get the information from it with a command (if possible) ;)

timmqlos
Level 3

comment to delete

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Not sure if there's anything 'out-of-the-box' as it were.

Maybe Opscenter, but don't use it personally, otherwise scripting.....