Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper-V 2012 R2 Backup Issue

punbs
Level 4
Certified

Hi.. 

I have few Virtual Machines, recently we have migrated the Hyper-v From 2008 R2 to 2012 R2.

Post Migration few of my windows 2003 Sp2 Virtual Machines Backups are getting failed.

From Windows Logs I found below error messages. Any suggestion on this.

Could not create backup checkpoint for virtual machine '': Element not found. (0x80070490). 
(Virtual machine ID 15CD4588-4910-4B4C-B9DB-C2BDD3B13E34)

Checkpoint operation for ' ' was cancelled. (Virtual machine ID 15CD4588-4910-4B4C-B9DB-C2BDD3B13E34)

Rgds, punbs

6 REPLIES 6

punbs
Level 4
Certified

Hi Guys.. Any Guess on this failure..

RonCaplinger
Level 6

What version of NetBackup?  Per the compatibility guides, Win2012 R2 is supported starting with NBU version 7.6.0.2.

See pages 41-48 for more info on compatibility issues.

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Also:

This site indicates a setting within the Hyper-V integration settings that might need to be changed to "off", run a backup, and turn the option back on.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Also, Hyper-V backups require that the version of the Hyper-V integration services module installed within the Hyper-V guest be the same as the version of the intergration services module of the Hyper-V host.  See page 46 of the tech note document for Support of NetBackup 7 in Virtual Environments:

http://kbdownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/TECHNICAL_SOLUTION/127000/TECH127089/en_US/NetBackup-7x-in-virtual-environments_March_04_2015_update.pdf

punbs
Level 4
Certified

http://backupchain.com/i/hyper-v-backup-error-could-not-initiate-a-checkpoint-operation-element-not-found-0x80070490... I have tried.. But No Luck.

Integration Service Updated... Hyper-V VSS Sync = online... 

But Still Backup failure with same error.

Seth_E
Level 6

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I'm experiencing the same issue. Some of my VM's in hyper-V are not backing up, some are backing up just fine. The windows server VM's (windows 2008 or 2012) back up just fine. Some of the Windows 7 VM's do not back up.

The windows 7 VM's that are successful run on the same host as the ones that won't back up. So, I doubt this is a host issue. I've even tried live migration, but, doesn't solve the issue.

Integration tools is fully upgraded on all VM's.