cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete job......

j083418
Level 5

will not clear. Does anyone know a good way to get rid of an incomplete job in Netbackup 6.5.4 (Windows 2003)?

I've tried to cancel it from the GUI and the command line but no luck. Don't really want to restart the services as there are active backup jobs running at the moment.

Any help would be great

8 REPLIES 8

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

BUG REPORT: At NetBackup versions 6.5.5, 6.5.6, 7.0, 7.0.1 and 7.1, ghost jobs or numerous jobs with status 50's may be seen in the activity monitor that can't be deleted.
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH146990

(unfortunately this does involve a restart of services)

or something different? Presumably not simply an incomplete job that you can just cancel & delete?

Can you supply a screen grab of the GUI & Job Details?

Is it causing you issues? e.g stopping other backups for that client/policy

j083418
Level 5

I think it's something slighty different as it seems to have locked some drives as no other jobs can use them at the moment.

I've attahced a screen shot of the job in question

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

NBU status: 96, EMM status: No media is available

looks like you need to load more media into scratch or the appropriate volume pool as a start.

j083418
Level 5

There's 30+ tapes available to the volume pool and other jobs are starting fine without these errors. It's an odd one.

#####edit#####

I've tried to re-run the job again and it's trying to use the same media again. It's in the relevant pool and has 0 data on it. Possible media error??

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Are they in the library and available (e.g. not FULL) ?

"other jobs are starting fine without these errors" - did they get the "last" available tape & are currently writing to that in another drive maybe?

Is job still "incomplete"?

Have you tried <right-click> & then Resume?

***EDIT***

Just seen your edit so the last two lines are a bit superfluous now! ;)

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

If you suspect that, maybe eject it from the library and if you are 100% sure that it has no data on it (does not update GUI with that info until the first job has finished writing to it) then maybe also expire/unassign it.

Before you do though:

Is the media actually loading successfully in the drive?

Does the job that's using that media fail or is it still running ok?

j083418
Level 5

Yep and it still sits there saying imcomplete. I think a restart of services might be needed afterall

watsons
Level 6

How about this? http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH10541