cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect media found

Evan
Level 4
Hey Guys,
I have a few tapes in my library that keep gettting an incorrect media found error (see below) Then NBU freezes them. Which is more than frustrating as they are pretty much wasting space in my library. I currently have a barcode on it (0003L2). Do you think that just changing the barcode could help? Is there a way to tell the robot that this tape is really 0003L2, not what is keeps finding it as (A00016)? 

Thanks for your help!
1/5/2010 5:00:52 PM - mounting 0003L2
1/5/2010 5:01:26 PM - Error bptm(pid=2140) incorrect media found in drive index 0, expected 0003L2, found A00016, FREEZING 0003L2

3 REPLIES 3

lu
Level 6
reinventory your robot, and then update the NBU inventory

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Looks like the tape was written previously on a standalone tape drive (or in a robot with no barcode reader). The internal label of the tape was written as A00016 and changing the external label won't help.
First see if there's any valid images in the NBU catalog for A00016 (media list report). If so, you will have to make a choice whether you should duplicate them to another tape or expire them.
If there are no valid images, unfreeze and re-label 0003L2. This will overwrite the internal label to correspond with external label.
Easiest if you do it from the GUI, just de-select 'Verify media label before performing operation'.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

When she says re-label the tape she means

using the gui - right click the tape and choose Label
or use the bplable command.

this will rewrite the "written" label on the beginning of the tape.

As NB will right to the tape the first time it uses the tape.
if it is in a library with a barcode reader it will write what is on the barcode so they match
if it is in a stand alone tape drive it will use the default of A#####.

When NB next uses the tape (read or write) it will compare the barcode to the written label and if they do not match it will freeze it and not let you use it.