cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Internal Application Error with replicated storage server

AlistairR
Level 3

I have logged a case but just want to see if anyone can help.

Set up 5020's as storage servers and had AIR working (NBU 7.1.0.3 and NBU5020 with 1.4.1.1)

This was brilliant, but attempted to uninstall and reinstall NBU on the secondary master to move disks. Hit an uninstaller bug so attempted to cleanup and have done a complete uninstall and reinstall on NBU (and recovering catalog). We have also gone from 7.1.0.3 to 7.1.0.4. Having done so AIR import failed. Replication is still working on on the 5020's, but no process gets kicked off on to perform the import jobs - manual import will work proving the replication is working. Gave up and reinstalled NBU cleanly again - no import yet, clean catalog.

Have checked network resolution, ip firewalls and tried another clean install of NBU. BPCLNTCMD seems fine.

Now here's the thing - if I restart all services cleanly - I am able to talk to the storage servers via GUI or CLI to get their properties or replication - for a few minutes. Eventually all subsequent requests fail with a timeout ("Internal applicatiion error. Please contact your administrator. Request has timed out"). tpconfig and devconfig both hang.

Do I have to do a factory reset ( heard bad things so trying to get reinstall media for 5020's) on the 5020's - is there anything I should be looking at to troubleshoot the issue - or is this because images already exist on the replicated 5020.

If I reset is there a way to do an image replication ( because SLP will not do it for old backups).

Thanks in anticipation.

0 REPLIES 0