Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL backup / status code 48

Zarnex
Level 2
Partner
Hello

I get a status code 48 when trying to backup a MSSQL server.
adding the Ip-adr. and host for the client, master and media server to the client hostfile did not resolve the problem :(

The file backup is working fine.
Netbackup version 6.5

9 REPLIES 9

Doug_Aust
Level 3
Sounds like you might be working this a little backwards. You should ping to the client from the master and media server useing shortname, and IP address. If this works then add the same information to the host file on the meda and master and see if you get connection. if not i would suggest Traceroute the traffic and find the failure.

Zarnex
Level 2
Partner
Got this error on a manuel backup:

OPERATION BACKUP
DATABASE "SUSDB"
SQLHOST "fcs11"
NBSERVER "SLTNBU.TAPEMONKEYS.ORG"
MAXTRANSFERSIZE 6
BLOCKSIZE 7
NUMBUFS 2
ENDOPER TRUE

ERR - Error in CDBbackrec::CDBbackrec: 6.
    CONTINUATION: - The system cannot find the file specified.
ERR - Error in VxBSASetEnv(BSA_SERVICE_HOST): 6.
    CONTINUATION: - The handle used to associate this call with a previous VxBSAInit() call is invalid.
INF - Results of executing <C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\dbext\mssql\temp\__11_57_31_413_00.bch>:
<0> operations succeeded. <1> operations failed.
INF - The following object(s) were not backed up successfully.
INF - SUSDB

Prashant_Thakwa
Level 2

Zarnex,

Have you got the solution for the issue you mentioned ?

I am currently getting the same error with netbackup 6.5.3 client.

Regards

Prashant Thakwani

Douglas_A
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

looks like here is your problem

CONTINUATION: - The handle used to associate this call with a previous VxBSAInit() call is invalid.
INF - Results of executing <C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\dbext\mssql\temp\__11_57_31_413_00.bch>:

I had this problem recently with 6.5.0 and 6.5.2 fixed it but it wouldnt be able to find the script i was useing.

Another workaround for this is create your script and dont place it in dbext\mssql  place it in another location and init from the NBU master with the Full path. see if you get the same issue.

goodluck

MrFix-it
Level 3
Did anyone find a solution to this problem??? I have exactly the same issue...

I'm running NBU 6.5.2 on master and client is on 6.5 base.

Please help...???

Thanks,

MOHAMED_PATEL
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
Have you perhaps tried unning the backup from the client -
If this works, check the Netbackup services logon account -
You could change to a user who has permission to access the databases, DBA should assign SQL access for this user...
Please be mindful, that the same user might not have access to the file-system.... In saying this, rather have a user with Admin access to the server and the same user SysAdmin permissions for SQL.

Good Luck

Prashant_K
Level 3
Hi All,

Please login to the sql server and run the command bpclntcmd -pn from x:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin and make sure the client name is resolved properly. Also if your master server is of unix platform make sure the host names are in the same case as it is casesensitive.

Make sure the request for backup is coming from the correct ip address in case if there are multiple NIC's on the servers.

Thank you,
PK

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified
THe short client name is used in the batch file. Please check if NetBackup server and client can see each other using this short name. It is also desirable to examine bpclntcmd output on the client.
Also check domain suffix list on the client, we faced similar problem earlier.

johnson_Mpaulo
Level 3
Dear All,

I have a problem with backup of a SQL database. I have created various scripts and they seem to be initiating the connection with the master server. But i can't figure-out the problem now. Check the error below.

OPERATION BACKUP
DATABASE "UAT"
SQLHOST "dsrv10"
NBSERVER "DDBBACKUP"
MAXTRANSFERSIZE 6
BLOCKSIZE 7
NUMBUFS 2
ENDOPER TRUE

ERR - Error in CDBbackrec::CDBbackrec: 6.
INF - Results of executing <C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\DbExt\MsSql\sqltest.bch>:
<0> operations succeeded. <1> operations failed.
INF - The following object(s) were not backed up successfully.
INF - UAT