cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.1.0.2 cant remove device host after MSDP decommission

AndersA
Level 4

I have decommissioned an old MSDP server, but for some reason I cant remove the device (device host file) media server. When i try to remove it I get an error 193.

I have tried from the GUI and from the CLI

[root@nbu-master ~]# nbemmcmd -deletehost -machinetype media -machinename  msdp.server
NBEMMCMD, Version:7.1
The function returned the following failure status:
generic EMM SQL error (193)
Command did not complete successfully.

Master      redhat 5.7   nbetbackup 7.1.0.2

MSDP      redhat 5.7   netbackup 7.1.0.2

I suspect I have an corrupted EMM database, cuz I have seen weird tings on the master lately. Can the EMM be purged and rebuild whitout loosing any backup ??

got any ideas ??

Regards Anders.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndersA
Level 4

We had an old reference in an STU to the MSDP server. When we removed that reference, all problems was solved.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Were all images associated with the MSDP expired before decommisioning it? Was the diskpool and STU removed?

Maybe see if this TN is relevant? http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH74914

AndersA
Level 4

All images where expired and there where no fragments, and yeah diskpool and STU where gone.

...I still suspect the EMM

AndersA
Level 4

I have tried the FT/SAN solution but with no luck, my server only have media and ndmp roles, no FT/SAN.

But i am seeing the same symptoms.

Marianne
Level 6

Open a Support call with Symantec. They have tools to 'fix' the EMM database without losing any data.

AndersA
Level 4

We had an old reference in an STU to the MSDP server. When we removed that reference, all problems was solved.

Marianne
Level 6

Great stuff!!! I did ask the question up here : https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-7102-cant-remove-device-host-after-msdp-decommission#comment-6244781

Moved:

Marianne
Level 6