cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Administration Console (not java) unable to connect to the selected netbackup host

vilhena
Level 4

Hello.

We have a netbackup master server 7.1 running in a RH5 server and I'm trying to execute the Administration Console from my local Win7 machine.

I'm able to connect if I execute the Java Administration Console, but not with this one. And I need to this so that I can restore a file, that as characters that can't be recongnized if I run the java version of the Admin Console.

What happens is that I put the name of the master server and the same login which allows to connect in the java version. But for some reason he assumes my domain username (rmvilhena) instead of root.

There two screen shots attached that shows what I'm saying.

adminConsole1.png -> shows I'm trying to connect with the root user (same user I use in the java version)

adminConsole2.png -> shows that the app assumes my domain user (rmvilhena)

Thanks.

Regards,

Ricardo Vilhena

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

That is not user name that is pc name.

Use the java console to connect to the master.

Go to master server proprieties

put your pc name in the other additional servers list. (in the servers window)

What you  are doing here is telling Netbackup that a console run from that pc is allowed to connect a console to the master server.

BTW when using the windows Remote Admin Console - you just need to open the BAR not the console - but you still need your pc name in the additional servers list.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

That is not user name that is pc name.

Use the java console to connect to the master.

Go to master server proprieties

put your pc name in the other additional servers list. (in the servers window)

What you  are doing here is telling Netbackup that a console run from that pc is allowed to connect a console to the master server.

BTW when using the windows Remote Admin Console - you just need to open the BAR not the console - but you still need your pc name in the additional servers list.

vilhena
Level 4

Aaaall riiight, eheheh!

Thanks.

Regards,

Vilhena