Environment setup to evalutate Netbackup

Server 1:

Windows Server 2008R2
Netbackup version 7.1
Domain-member

Server 2:
VMware version 4.1.0 (standalone)
Not part of domain

My backup is running fine, but when I try to restore it says insufficient space on datastore.

When trying to select Alternative location in restore GUI it doesn't list up any Datastore. I've tried to add different exceptions to the firewall, but nothing helps.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PCmannen
Level 3

The problem was related to DNS. When I first entered the Credentials for Virtual Machine Servers i used the IP-address.

I later tried to delete the host and create it again, but did not remove the host from the EMM database.

I followed the info from the Netbackup VMware Administrator's Guide (section Changing the host name of a VMware server in NetBackup).

My problem is now fixed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pikachu
Level 6
Employee Certified

On the backup host setup vmcloglevel and set it to 3. (see vmware admin guide how to do it)

Next create the bpvmutil log folder on the backup host. If it already existed, clean out the folder. Open up BAR and do your step until you get to the same point.

Now open the bpvmutil log.

PCmannen
Level 3

The problem was related to DNS. When I first entered the Credentials for Virtual Machine Servers i used the IP-address.

I later tried to delete the host and create it again, but did not remove the host from the EMM database.

I followed the info from the Netbackup VMware Administrator's Guide (section Changing the host name of a VMware server in NetBackup).

My problem is now fixed.

curtiplas
Level 4

I'm having a similar issue:

I'm setting up a DR environment, I've setup a Master Server running NBU 7.0.1 and I've installed a Standalone DR Vmware server running ESXi 4.1.  I've configured a new datastore on the DR VMware server.

But when trying to restore my images to an alternate location no Resoure Pool or Datastore information populates in the Restore Wizard.

I've tried the steps above, but they didn't work.  In addition I've added the VMWare server credentials using port 443 and have successfully veried them in the wizard. Any other ideas?

Notes:

Servers on the same subnet, using Cisco Router to communicate, Vmware box is pingable from NBU server using hostname & IP.  (Host file for DNS).

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

you should open a new thread for this one