cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netnbackup 7.7.3

mbarlow
Level 3

Greetings all,

I have a setup with veritas applieances and want to add a Solaris node acting as a storage pool running compressed and deduped SAN volumes as another tier.

Can this be done ? Could someone point me in the direction of a doc.

Regards

MB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You can only add the Solaris server as a storage node or storage tier by installing server software and configure it as a media server.
Licensing for this server and type of storage you can config, depends on your current licensing model - host based or capacity?

If you want to config the Solaris server as dedupe media server, be sure that it has the necessary resources and that the storage conforms to requirements in NBU dedupe guide.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

if I understand correctly, you want to add Media Server on "traditional" OS Solaris platform, not as an appliance? Is there a reason for this, like price?

If yes then follow install guide for Media Server on Solaris, it is publicly available.

P.S. please give more descriptive subjects to posts. "NetBackup 7.7.3" is the subject of hundreds of posts here.

Regards

Michal

Thanks for reply Michael. 

Not sure if i should be having all the charactersistics of a mediaserver. Yes, the cost and have a  storsge tier which is cheaper than the appliances.

Aplogies, for having a non descriptive heading.

cheers

MB

Marianne
You can only add the Solaris server as a storage node or storage tier by installing server software and configure it as a media server.
Licensing for this server and type of storage you can config, depends on your current licensing model - host based or capacity?

If you want to config the Solaris server as dedupe media server, be sure that it has the necessary resources and that the storage conforms to requirements in NBU dedupe guide.