cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Entity Was Found

NBU_NEWBIE
Level 3
Hi

I recently expired some using bpexpdate -ev <MEDIA_ID> -d 0 command. Now I have put these tapes back into the library for backups. I can see that Netbackup6.5.5 is using these tapes to write information. It assigned the tapes new expiry dates and volume etc which is all correct. However when I run the "Tapes Written Report", I am getting "No Entity Was Found" error.

Why is this so?? How can I resolve this issue??
Thanks in advance for helping out.

Cheers
Marcus
9 REPLIES 9

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I assume you ran the report after the backups completed and not while they were in progress?
Double-check the date-range specified in search criteria.
Try the following from cmd:

bpimagelist -A -media -hoursago 48

varunprakash
Level 5

The name you are entering in the reports section of the Admin Console does not exist in the NetBackup configuration either as a media server or client.

NBU_TSE
Level 4
Employee
If you are using a Unix Master Server to look at the reports, make sure you've typed the name in the correct case

NBU_NEWBIE
Level 3
Ok this problem is happening more and more often now. After the backups complete, i am having to run tape logs to find out which tapes have been written to.
Iam running netbackup 6.5.5 on windows server2003 r2. I run "tapes written" report after duplications complete. and I only have one master server so cant be selecting the wrong one.
Any ideas what coudl be causing this??
Thanks
Marcus

NBU_NEWBIE
Level 3
just tried to the run bpimagelist for last 10 hours. results are below

D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpimagelist -A -media -hoursago
no entity was found

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Do you get the same response?

As you mentioned duplication in your earlier post, maybe the following is relevant or somehow linked?
BUG REPORT: bpimagelist -media -policy -rl does not display media associated with any secondary copy's retention level if retention level is different from copy 1.
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/351486.htm

which also references:
The /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -media -rl XX command does not list duplicated images.
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/271286.htm

i.e. "no entity found" as it's not reporting on duplicated images?

Just a thought...

NBU_NEWBIE
Level 3

If I extend the period then yes it shows me some tapes that are written to but not all.
Thanks for posting those links, I will have a read

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You have provide a date/time early enough to cover  the original time that the backup was started.
'Media Written' takes info from images database. The image timestamp is the time that the backup started,

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

when you expand the time period is it just reporting on tapes used for backups & not duplications?