cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require to do the duplication again

John_Wan
Level 4

Dear all,

Due to the tape drive problem, one of the tape had been corrupted. After some checking, I found that it contains the data on few duplication jobs. I will need to do the duplication again, how can I do so? Can I do it by SLP?

Thanks, John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You cannot do it using SLP as historical images cannot be subject to a new LifeCycle usually

Easiest way is to seach for the image in the catalog section with the Duplicate option selected at the top and then right click it and select duplicate - fill in the details (media server and tape to use etc) and it will submit the job

There is also the nbstlutil redo command that could also be used - this is designed for exactly the purpose of re-running a stage if damage or corruption creeps in

Hope these help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will have to do it manually using the GUI or bpduplicate from cmd.

You can use 'images on media report' (bpimmedia) to list images on this tape. Add them to a file and then use '-Bidfile <file_name>' with bpduplicate command.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You cannot do it using SLP as historical images cannot be subject to a new LifeCycle usually

Easiest way is to seach for the image in the catalog section with the Duplicate option selected at the top and then right click it and select duplicate - fill in the details (media server and tape to use etc) and it will submit the job

There is also the nbstlutil redo command that could also be used - this is designed for exactly the purpose of re-running a stage if damage or corruption creeps in

Hope these help