cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Drive Detection

girish_nair1984
Level 5

Hi All

I am new to Symantec Netbackup software.  Recently we have purchased Symantec Netbackup 7.6 Software , the server software is installed on Dell PowerEdge R720( OS: Redhat Linux 6.5 x86_64) .  We have connected Dell powervault 114x( 2 drives) to Dell R720 Server using 6Gbps SAS Cable.

I would like to configure the Dell Powervault 114x in Symantec Netbackup 7.6

Thank You

Regards

Girish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you are really new to NetBackup, I suggest that you attend classroom or online training before trying to configure anything in production.

NetBackup is not an 'off-the-shelf' 'easy-to-understand' product.

Use the 'Training' link in the bottom of this screen under 'Symantec.com'.
On this page, you will links to instructor-led training courses and also the free online training from the Symantec eLibrary

Another option is to contact a Symantec Partner who offers implementation and consulting services.
This consultant can then install, configure and implement while you 'look over the shoulder', make notes and ask questions while reading up in the manuals.

Last option is to read manuals, try installation and configuration in a Lab environment, then go over to production environment.

Manuals that will help you with device installation and configuration:
NetBackup Device Configuration Guide 
- Linux chapter

NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I  
- Chapter 7. Configuring robots and tape drives
- Chapter 8. Configuring tape media
- Chapter 9. Inventorying robots

PS:
I notice that you have been posting in the NBU forum since 2012.....

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you are really new to NetBackup, I suggest that you attend classroom or online training before trying to configure anything in production.

NetBackup is not an 'off-the-shelf' 'easy-to-understand' product.

Use the 'Training' link in the bottom of this screen under 'Symantec.com'.
On this page, you will links to instructor-led training courses and also the free online training from the Symantec eLibrary

Another option is to contact a Symantec Partner who offers implementation and consulting services.
This consultant can then install, configure and implement while you 'look over the shoulder', make notes and ask questions while reading up in the manuals.

Last option is to read manuals, try installation and configuration in a Lab environment, then go over to production environment.

Manuals that will help you with device installation and configuration:
NetBackup Device Configuration Guide 
- Linux chapter

NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I  
- Chapter 7. Configuring robots and tape drives
- Chapter 8. Configuring tape media
- Chapter 9. Inventorying robots

PS:
I notice that you have been posting in the NBU forum since 2012.....