Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access to the client was not allowed

yilkilicaslan
Level 4
Certified

Hi All;

We have just installed new media servers and we will change the old machines with ones. I tried to backup an sql client via new media server and i got an error message stating that "access to the client was not allowed". 

How can i point the new media servers to all clients? Is there any easy way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

When adding a new media server it is best to go to the Client Host Properties section of the admin console - select all clients and hit Enter

Once they have all loaded go to the servers section and add in the names of the new media servers

This then makes then valid servers to contact all clients

Save this and you should be OK

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

rakesh_k
Level 4

Hi,

Make sure that, you have the host resolutions. If no, make proper host entries in the host and the media server.

Also, in the BAR GUI in the client, go to Specify Netbackup Machines and Policy Type, and the newly configured media server in the server list.

Possible
Level 6
Accredited Certified

please make sure that IP address and host name of NEW media server is added

in the hosts file and SERVER file on client.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

When adding a new media server it is best to go to the Client Host Properties section of the admin console - select all clients and hit Enter

Once they have all loaded go to the servers section and add in the names of the new media servers

This then makes then valid servers to contact all clients

Save this and you should be OK

Hope this helps

yilkilicaslan
Level 4
Certified

I know that i should do what you said rakesh_k but the problem is that i have to add these 3 media server names to the registry or somewhere like that at the same time. How can i do that?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

See my post above - by doing this it adds the new media server name to the clients - on Windows this adds the name to HKLM\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config by editing the Servers registry key

The Host Properties section is the easiest

Dan4
Level 5
Certified

Like to know .. how the media servers were added to the environment? nbemmcmd -addhost command?

Also check entry of /etc/hosts and bp.conf on media servers for correct entry of client server and from client server hosts entry and registry entry for master and media servers.

Ensure bi-directional connectivity exists between master , media and client servers.

let us know your findings.

+ Dan

yilkilicaslan
Level 4
Certified

thx Mark for your solution.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Glad it sorted it for you