cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster switch nbu 7.5

Arun_K
Level 6

Hi ALL,

We have an activity on master server lonunx01.It is in cluster.

We want to move to another node lonunx02.

I dont want any scheduled and manual backups to run during the manual switch over.

running nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling  and bprdreq -terminate  on lonunx01 will failover to lonunx02?

NBU 7.5

SOLARIS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You may want to book yourself on cluster as well as NetBackup training....

How many more times do you want to repeat the same questions over and over? Even using different user id's...

Suspending the scheduler will not cause failover. Disabling policies will prevent manual jobs. See Nicolai's post.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Did you configure the Netbackup application in cluster?

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you installed your master as clustered? Or just installed in single node in the cluster? If later, yoi can not switch NetBackup service to another node.

Swith of running node must be done throuhg cluster software. Commands you wrote may(or may not) bring the service failed(especially terminating bprd). Just suspend scheduling with "nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling" before(or immediately after) service node switching.

Arun_K
Level 6

It is a clustered master server.

cluster service is running .

My query is:

running nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling  and bprdreq -terminate  on lonunx01 will failover to lonunx02?

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
nbpemreq command won't. If cluster monitors bprd then bprd stopping will cause it to failover. If you mean will these commands stop any jobs starting then, yes, they will. If you want to failover manually, why not just use cluster commands ?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

If you use Veritas Cluster:

• disable policies
  • nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling
  • hagrp -switch nbu_group -to {other_nodde}

The hagrp command will shutdown the master server processes and start then on the peer node.

http://sfdoccentral.symantec.com/sf/5.0/aix/manpages/vcs/hagrp_1m.html

Arun_K
Level 6

Hey Martin,

Thanks mate.

My issue is we have an activity afetr 5 hours.i dont want manual and scheduled backups to run on lonunx01 half an hour before the activity.

I want to know if i ran above 2 commands ,will it swatch to lonunx02? i AM NOT KILLING ANY PROCESS.hERE I AM JUST ASKING BOTH PROCESS TO STOP MONITORING MANUAL AND SCHEDULED JOBS.

I know the cluster commands and will use that only for failover.

Arun_K
Level 6

Hi Guys,

Any helpful comments on this.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You may want to book yourself on cluster as well as NetBackup training....

How many more times do you want to repeat the same questions over and over? Even using different user id's...

Suspending the scheduler will not cause failover. Disabling policies will prevent manual jobs. See Nicolai's post.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
I hate to say this, but how many posts do we have to have to confirm that running : bprdreq -termnate nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling will stop any manual or scheduling backups running.