cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom error messages in netbackup

somesh_p
Level 4

Hi, anyone know if I can customize the error message for a certain error code.

For example: bpstart_notify failure causes "error 73: bpstart_notify failed". instead, I wanted to in the job details what logs to look for when that happens. Is it possible? I mean is there any way that i can alter the error message for a certain error code

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not possible. But you can click on the troubleshooting icon and it will tell you.

View solution in original post

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Found it is best to create the logging from inside the script to tell what the problem is with the script, all netbackup get is an exit code which is either zero or nonzero.

That requires logging into the client to troubleshoot, but you would probably have to do that anyway to correct the problem. Alternatively you setup a share or mailing of the log.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst

Not possible. But you can click on the troubleshooting icon and it will tell you.

Marianne
Seems you need a better understanding of the NBU process flow. If you know which processes run on a client, you would know which logs are needed.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Found it is best to create the logging from inside the script to tell what the problem is with the script, all netbackup get is an exit code which is either zero or nonzero.

That requires logging into the client to troubleshoot, but you would probably have to do that anyway to correct the problem. Alternatively you setup a share or mailing of the log.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue