Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure SAN client with SAN media server in netbackup 7.1

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

Anyone please guide me and If you have any configure information, please share with me.

I have one query, in this SAN configuration, drives need to configure directly with SAN media server with SAN media server license, with SSO and tape drive library license,

for SAN client, we need SAN client license, my question is, we need to zone and configure tape drives on each SAN client or only on SAN media server ?

SAN media server is windows, so we need to zoning drives with SAN media server ?

what are the basic requirement configuration to do for SAN media and Client configuration.

Please guide me on this query and also share configure documents.

22 REPLIES 22

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

ok, thanks Martin,

Now, Client have new requirement,

I have 1 media server (Redhat Linux , version 5) is directed connected with 2 tape drives via fiber cable and I have 10 clients, which are connected to media server with fiber cable via SAN switch and also I have 15 clients which is connected to same media server(Redhat Linux , version 5) with LAN cable, Now, I planned to configure this media server as FT media server to take backup of 10 SAN clients and also I want to use this same media server for 15 clients, which is connecte via LAN cable.

question 1 : I can able to take SAN clients and LAN clients backup to same FT media server? if YES, can you please what and where I need to configuration.

question 2 : SAN clients are connected to FT media server via SAN switch and tape drives are directly connected with FT media server via fiber cable, Now If I want to do zoning SAN clients with FT media server or Tape rives to take SAN clients backup ?

Please advice me on this query.

Thanks in Advanced.

Mike_Gavrilov
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

A1: Yes, you can. Configure both SAN and LAN clients as usual to use STU created on Library connected to the media-servver. Clients who configured as a FT-clients will just use another transport. SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide is pretty enough.

A2: You need to create zone included "clients+ Media server's HBA port in target mode". That's all.

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Thank you, Let me try to do the same.